Students are advised to book accommodation early, since July is a very busy period.
There exist affordable hotels that are either in walking distance from the Summer School venue (i.e., within a 20-minutes walking radius from the campus), or easily reachable via public transport. (see map). Other inexpensive options do exist, though these might involve a longer commuting time. There is, of course, an abundance of hotel rooms in the city of Chania itself.
Halepa hotel offers a special discount for the students of our school. Please add the CretaMASSS keyword in the subject of your email or mention it on the phone so that you get the special school offer.
Offering a discount of up to 35% for students attending the Summer School.
Offering prices of 35-45 euros a room per night to students attending the Summer School.
Lunching and Dining
Participants will have the option of eating at the University restaurant, for a fee of 2.5 euros / meal. However, there are many restaurants located very close to the campus, and dozens in the city centre or nearby villages. Even though Chania is quite the tourist attraction, restaurant and food prices are very affordable in general.
The following restaurants at the Kounoupidiana area (located next to the campus) have pledged discounts for School participants:
- Bella Pizza (15% discount)
- Ta Gourounakia (15% discount)
Moreover, a number of restaurants/taverns/bars in the city center of Chania offer the following discounts:
- the restaurant “to Steki” at the Chania Old Town (20% discount)
- the bar “Faggotto” at Old Venetian Harbour area at Chania, has pledged to provide discounts on beverages consumed by School attendees
- the restaurant “To Mikio” at Chania Old Town (Skoufon Street) (15% discount)
- the Cafe Bar Restaurant “Feidias”, at Eleftherias Square 21 (at “Dikastiria square”) (15% discount)
- the tavern-bar “Plaka” at Sifaka 8, near the Old Harbour (15% discount)