ECE Department Building, Kounoupidiana Campus, Technical University of Crete (TUC), at Chania, Crete, Greece.
The Kounoupidiana campus is the main campus of the Technical University of Crete (TUC).
It is built on a panoramic location in Kounoupidiana, Akrotiri, 7 km northeast of the city of Chania, with a total area surface of 290 hectares.
The Technical University of Crete is one of Greece’s Higher Education Institutions, and places emphasis both on education and research. TUC comprises of five academic engineering departments.
View Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering – Technical University of Crete in a larger map
The Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering (ECE) was the second of its kind to be founded in Greece. It offers a five-year undergraduate program, and also graduate (MSc or PhD level) programs. The ECE Department is deeply involved in basic and applied research activities.
The Intelligent Systems Lab is one of ECE’s formally established laboratories, and its current research spans many areas, such as Semantic Web, Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer vision, Peer-to-Peer computing and Intelligent Agents and Multiagent Systems.
Getting to Chania
By Air: Fly to either Chania Airport Ioannis Daskalogiannis (CHQ, located just 15 mins away from the School venue); or to Heraklion airport (HER, located 2.5 hours away by car).
By Sea: Travel to Chania (or to Heraklion) by ferry. Full-time students in Greek universities are able to enjoy a 50% discount on their personal tickets regardless of EASSS-2014 participation on all ferries.
There are two main ferries that service Crete:
For participants that are not students in a Greek university, and plan to travel by ferry to Chania from/to Piraeus between 10-20 July,
ANEK Lines will provide a 50% discount to 10 participants (regardless of their student status), on a first-come/first-serve basis.
Please contact Dr. Nikos Spanoudakis (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to request a letter required for getting this discount.
- Chania Agency: Sof. Venizelos square, 73 134 Chania, Tel.No. +30 28210 27500-4, Fax.No. +30 28210 27505, Email: email@example.com
- Souda Agency: Souda Square, 73 134 Souda-Chania, Tel.No. +30 28210 80050, Fax.No. +30 28210 80051, Web Site http://www.anek.gr
- Heraklion Agency: 11 Dimokratias Ave., 71 306 Heraklion, Tel.No. +30 2810 222481-2, +30 2810 223067/346440-1, Fax.No. +30 2810 346379, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Piraeus Agency: Address 22 Akti Kondili Str., 185 45 Piraeus, Tel.No. +30 210 4197510, Fax.No. +30 210 4114188, Email: email@example.com
- Athens Minoan Lines Agency: 59, Panepistimiou str., Athens. Tel.: +30 21 03 37 69 10
- Heraklion Port Minoan Lines Agency: New Passenger Station. Tel.: +30 28 10 33 01 98
- Piraeus Port Minoan Lines Agency: Gate E2. Tel.: +30 21 04 08 00 28
- Heraklion Minoan Lines Agency: 17, 25 Afgoustou str., Heraklion. Tel.: 18175 (greek cellular phone), 80 11 17 50 00 (greek landline)
- Piraeus Minoan Lines Agency: 6-10, Thermopylon str., Piraeus. Tel.: 18175 (greek cellular phone), 80 11 17 50 00 (greek landline)
Getting to the Venue
See the TUC main site for various means of transport
See attached pdf for Chania City Bus timetable.
The Chania City Bus service provides the following lines & routes departing from the “Old Market” (@ Chania city center).