events & service
· Since October 1, 2020, I serve as the Chair of the Board of Directors of the European Association for Multi-Agent Systems EURAMAS. Previous role in the Board: Deputy Chair (from March 2018 to September 2020).
· I was the co-Chair (with Program Chair duties) of EUMAS 2020 - the 17th European Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (held virtually 14-15 September 2020 originally planned to be held @Thessaloniki, Greece). EUMAS is the annually-held designated conference of EURAMAS, the European Association for Multi-Agent Systems.
· I was a co-organizer of the the First AAAI Workshop on AI in Team Sports @AAAI-2020, New York, USA (February 2020).
· We organized the ACAI-2019 summer school, the EurAI's "Advanced Course on AI" summer school, which also constituted the HAISS-2019 - Hellenic AI Summer School. The School was held the week of July 1-5, 2019 here at Chania. It was co-located with the 20PoA workshop, an event to mark and honour the 20 years since the publication of the "Price of Anarchy" paper by Koutsoupias-Papadimitriou!
· I served as the Exhibitions Chair for AAMAS-2019, the 18th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (to be held at Concordia University, Montreal, from 13th to 17th of May 2019). AAMAS is the premier conference in the area of agents and multiagent systems.
· I served as the General Secretary of the Hellenic AI Society, EETN. Elected twice for the terms Jan 2014-Dec 2016, and Jan 2016-Dec 2018.
· I was a co-organizer for AI4SG-2016 - The 1st SETN Workshop on AI for the Smart Grid (@SETN-2016, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 2016)
· I was a co-organizer for AGT@IJCAI-2016 - The 2nd IJCAI Workshop on Algorithmic Game Theory (@IJCAI-2016, New York, USA, July 2016)
· I was a co-organizer for AGT@IJCAI-2015 - The 1st IJCAI Workshop on Algorithmic Game Theory (@IJCAI-2015, Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 2015)
· I was a co-organizer for CoopMAS'15 - The 6th Workshop on Cooperative Games in Multiagent Systems (@AAMAS-2015, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2015)
· I was a co-organizer for CoopMAS'14 - The 5th Workshop on Cooperative Games in Multiagent Systems (@AAMAS-2014, Paris, France, May 2014)
· I was a co-chair for the 16th European Agent Systems Summer School (EASSS-2014), which took place @Chania, Crete, 14-18 July 2014
· We organized the first-ever IFAAMAS-endorsed Multiagent Systems Summer School here at Chania, Crete: Please consider attending CretaMASSS-2013 / HAISS'13-Agents !!!
· I was the "manager" of the TUC-TAC Trading Agents Competition Ad Auctions team! Here is our website.
· I was a member of the organizing committee of the AAMAS-2010 Workshop on Multi-agent Sequential Decision-Making in Uncertain Domains (MSDM-2010).
· At the School of Electonics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, I was the organizer of the Sequential Decision Making Reading Group.
· I am the organizer of the GOGS reading group (discussion topics of interest: uncertainty, deep learning, game theory, and more) here @ the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Technical University of Crete.
· Tutorial Speaker at Invited Tutorials
o Cooperative Games in Multi-Agent Systems (with Michael Wooldridge and Edith Elkind).
Instantiations of this tutorial have been presented during AAMAS-2009, AAMAS-2010, AAMAS-2011, AAAI-2010, IJCAI-2011, AAMAS-2012.
o Cooperative Games in Structured Environments (with Gianluigi Greco and Vangelis Markakis). Presented at the 19th European Agent Systems Summer School (EASSS-2017), Gdansk, Poland, August 2017.
o From Game Theory to AI in Games (with Georgios Yannakakis). Presented at the 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS-2018), Stockholm, Sweden, July 2018.
· Editorial Board Member for JAIR (the Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research) [2013-2016]
· Grant Proposals Reviewer for several (four) Research Councils
· Reviewer for several international journals, including the following:
· International Journal of Game Theory (IJGT), Artificial Intelligence (AIJ), Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR), Artificial Intelligence Review (AIRE), Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (JAAMAS), IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (Parts A, B, C), International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools (IJAIT), International Game Theory Review, Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Energy and Buildings
· Numerous Senior Program Committee and Program Committee Memberships